Wednesday, July 01, 2009

The ULTRA SOUND

Well, David only had the Ultra Sound done Friday. The specialist said he has a nodule on the outside of his Esophagus so he couldn't do any more than that until he gets the nodule off and sent to pathology. He said he couldn't do that kind of procedure at the "Midwest" KU Hospital in Shawnee Mission. So we have to get it done at the one downtown on Rainbow Blvd. He did say that he would recomend that David has the Esophagus zapped and they will flush out the burn. He said a nurse would call us to make the appointments. When we got the call to set it up (we thought), we found out he has to see the oncologist first and then they will set up the surgery. So much rig-a-ma-role, geesh! He will go on July 8th. I have scheduled my laparoscopy for July 16th. I will be out of commission for about 2 weeks. If David gets a date anywhere close to mine, I will postpone mine.

David's dad ended up having 9 radiation treatments instead of 10. He was getting too weak and had bouts of diarrhea really bad. He isn't eating very good either.

Mom called me tonight sounding rather confused and complaining of her breathing being wheezy and she got lost in her conversation a bit so I called the nurse there and asked her to check on her. For some reason she doesn't tell them what she tells me. The nurse said she gave her a mucinex tablet and a breathing treatment with her nebulizer and she seemed to be just fine. I told her mom wasn't sleeping very well and asked her to give her an Ambien at her bedtime so she would sleep good. Mom says she wakes up with headaches.

1 comment: