Tomorrow Mom and I are going to our dentist in Louisburg. Mom wants to talk to him about her partial. It hurts her gums sometimes. I will find out if he is going to replace my cap or put a hard filling in it. The Orthodontist cleaned out the extra root in it and said it would be up to my dentist as to what is to be done next. Since I didn't have to have another root canal, I got by cheaper at the Orthodontist at least.
We went to three birthday parties in the last 2 weeks. Norma and Donnie had a surprise party that was given by their kids last week. Then on Friday night we (Jen & boys, Christy and us) met Jeff & Marianne & girls at the Legends and we all ate at Dave & Busters for McKendra's 2nd birthday and after that we played arcade games. The kids loved it (& so did we). Then the very next night we went to a surprise 40th birthday party for Rosemary Long. They barbequed hamburgers and hotdogs, and had pot luck as well as cake and homemade ice cream. I am not good at turning down foods because I gained .5 lb. last week and 2 lb. this week. Now I have to get with it and start losing again. I had fun at all the parties so I thank all of the people who were in charge of them. I may have to become a hermit to keep on track lol.
Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Chuck came over yesterday to visit mom and then they brought her out here to visit some more. It is always fun to visit with them and Mom was on cloud 9. Her left big toe is feeling some better and she is back to visiting with her neighbor but not all day long yet.
A little hint about your automatic dishwasher...Even if you JUST start the washer and turn it off, don't touch the heating element. I dropped a spoon in the bottom and went to get it when the phone rang and made me jump and I touched the element with my middle finger on my left hand. Let me tell you THAT HURT! I have a big blister on it. Another OUCH!
12 years ago
3 comments:
Ouch is right?! Bummer. Thanks for calming me down this morning after my little fiasco! Love you! And I know you can lose the weight...you just need to watch the portions and say no to all the sweet stuff...let yourself have it but only like every third day or so! You can do it! LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!
You must have been right there to pick out the stuff and it was still hot. I never seem to do that so I will watch it. Sorry you had to experience it.
I have the sudders from disposals and thinking of the ouchies you could get there!!! Stay away from the ouchies.
PS...Mom called me this morning at 7:30 to tell me you all were going out. I was unlucky enough to have awakened at 5:30 and had already walked a mile on my treadmill, so I was up to get it.
NOW I have a headache from not enough sleep. RATS!!
Post a Comment