I started getting sick Sunday morning from one end and then Monday I threw up all day and night. I have very sore ribs from the dry heaves. It hurts to breath in, coughing is horrible, stomach is still queasy, & my back is still hurt all day today. I have had a bad headache since Sunday also. Hope you all got your flu shots. David got one but I didn't and he got the flu anyway! And today he started getting sick the other way.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
12 years ago
3 comments:
vomitting is not a symptom of "the flu" that you get the flu shot for.
what you are referring to is commonly called "stomach flu" which is a generic term for any number of viruses that cause the vomitting/diarrhea cluster of yuck.
you get a flu shot so you don't get the influenza virus, which is actually a purely respiratory illness that comes with high fevers, body aches, headaches, fatigue, loss of appetite, cough and runny nose.
that's your medical lesson for the day. that, and the fact that you should still get your flu shot.
thank you.
You seemed to look better yesterday! I'm now with sore throat, runny nose and slight cough...D still has runny nose and congested cough...we haven't gotten a flu shot either...
Hey Dr. Camden, Thanks for the medical lesson. I did have the fever, headache fatigue & loss of appetite but no cough or runny nose. The only body aches I really had were the sore ribs and chest muscles after throwing up. It was some kind of stomach flu alright. The queasy stomach lasted the rest of the week. I'm just glad it is over with.
Post a Comment