Sunday, July 08, 2007

ALL IS WELL...KIND OF


This was all of us on the 4th of July except for David because he was taking the picture. Christy and Bob are in the background.

The flood waters have been receding and now it is the smell that is nasty. There are still a few areas with water standing but the roads have been repaired so we no longer have road blocks. The people whose homes were ruined with flood water are beginning the job of clean-up. Our prayers are with all of them.

My boss called me tonight and said I should take my vacation for the next 2 weeks and then asked if I would mind working the whole week when I come back. Then he said they were going to have a get together for people who want to come and say good-bye to me and then I will be retired. Wow, the time went by fast once I decided to actually do it! I couldn't believe it. Kind of sad and glad all at the same time.

I go for another mammogram next Thursday. It is my second six-month check up since they found I had cancer. Can't believe that a year has passed so quickly either. Wish me luck. A few prayers would be nice too. Thanks.

No comments: