Monday, July 30, 2007

I Did It!

Well, I really did it. I retired Friday from working. My boss, Russ, had a basket of flowers delivered to me. That was the first lump in my throat. Then I proceeded to pack up all of my personal things out of my desk, on top of my shelves, and all the pictures I had on my bulletin board. It looked bare. That was the second lump. Then after I shut down the computers, turned off the AC, closed the curtains, shut off the fans, turned out the lights and went to lock the door for the last time, I got a third lump. THEN, I realized I didn't have the key to the office and couldn't lock it. I had changed keys and cars with David so he could go pick up Uncle Richard and Aunt Yamu from Jeff's (he had picked them up earlier at the airport). I went back in the office and called Russ who said to go ahead and go home and he would come in and lock it. I was mortified! I have a few more things to go back for so I will give him my key then. lol

We had a couple of family reunions on Saturday. Christy Jeff & Jenny hosted a birthday party to honor everyone having one. David's mom's brother's have come back to Kansas for a reunion. All of my sister's came also. It was a fun day. All of David's mom's family stayed over the week end and are getting together one last time in Ottawa before John & Judy, Kathy & Wayne leave for Cheyenne, WY. Uncle Richard & Aunt Yamu will fly back to their daughter's home in South Carolina before returning to India. Uncle Ross & Aunt Jeanne will be going back to Colorado.

We've had a good time visiting. I will be 60 on August 13 so I was given some funny gifts and cards. David got some also. Thank you to our kids and families for coming and enjoying the party.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Happy 60th a wee bit early mom! Congrats on retiring and we will see you Wednesday...D can't wait! :-)

gjlac said...

Thanks darlin'. You know I am looking forward to you & D visiting!