Tuesday, January 08, 2008

THE BONE DR. VISIT

Went to see Dr. Wilkerson today. He wants to try synvisc shots in both knees before doing any surgery. It is a series of 3 shots in each knee...1 week apart. My knees felt good after the shots but they were hurting after walking around WalMart. I also went to Olathe today to have a follow-up mammogram on my left breast where the cancer was in, and it was fine. Next one will be in July. Mom went with Linda and I today and we got her paperwork done for Dr. Justesen to be her Dr. She was complaining of knee pain and he said to take 1000 mg of tylenol in the morning and at night. (So I am going to try that too.) He told her to do Keigel exercises to help her urinating problems. She is going back for another check-up on Feb. 8th. Eddie was at his Dr.(in same office) this morning also, so when Mom was done, he took her home, because she didn't want to be gone all day. Linda and I enjoyed visiting, and she drove me to Olathe. Thanks Linda. (She will be too busy with all her tax clients until April 15th now.)

5 comments:

Jen said...

What is a syndisc shot? Like steroids? What does it do other than possibly alleviate pain temporarily???

Jen said...

FYI, it is actually "Synvisc" and this is what I found online:

SYNVISC is a treatment option called a viscosupplement. It replaces damaged synovial fluid with a substance similar to that found in healthy joints of 18- to 27-year-olds.

In knees with osteoarthritis, normal joint fluid, called synovial fluid, becomes thinner, losing its ability to lubricate and cushion the knee joint. Without this cushioning, cartilage in the knee joint may wear down over time, causing pain and stiffness. SYNVISC can improve the cushioning and lubricating effects of synovial fluid that has been damaged by OA.

gjlac said...

That is what it was...synvisc. You are so smart girl!

Jen said...

What would we do without the internet? :-) I'm not SO smart, just know where to look! :-)

Today on Noggin, they had a thing where they were "in space" trying to find objects that were shaped like circles and when they found them all, the moose says: "Well beam me up Smarty"...I thought that was cute...lol!

Jen said...

So what's new?