The New Year came without a lot of fanfare with us. We watched the Dick Clark New Year's Eve show. We watched the ball come down and we went to bed just before midnight got here in our time zone. Whoopee! We did stay awake till midnight though and kissed Happy New Year and said goodnight.
I went to the podiatrist today and he has released me but said I can come back if the bone spur starts bothering me a lot again. I think the exercises and treatments that I have taken were good for me after all. I still have some zinger pains in my heel now and then but basically it feels ok most of the time. I do still have pain up the back of my left leg, in my knee, & the ham strings are tight. I may have to go to an orthapedic Dr to see about that now. I have at least one more therapy session on Friday. If I had wanted to, the podiatrist would have let me do water therapy in the hospital pool for a set of sessions. I love doing the exercises in the pool but I don't feel I have the time to spare to do it.
I had some sad news today. My friend from high school passed away this morning. She was one of my bridesmaids...Georgia Griffin. She had cancer pretty much throughout her whole body. In her Christmas card to me, she wrote that she was in a lot of pain now and was ready to let go. Please say a prayer for her and her family.
FYI for those who knew her, I found out that Vivien Stroup, the former school nurse, passed away. She had just come in and talked to me a few weeks ago about her cancer after she found out I had it.
I hope you all have a good year. Take care.
12 years ago
3 comments:
HOLY CRAP! Why do deaths have to come in 3? So sad...
As for you missy, you better make time to take care of you! Spare the time if you have to! Don't wait b/f it is too late and then the pain returns with a vegeance!
DITTO missy!!
Jen...who was the 3rd? I know I was thinking the same thing but haven't heard about a third.
The therapist worked on my leg today so I am in hopes that it will get better soon. I really am tired of traveling. I am going to be off for the dentist on Monday, and therapy on Wednesday & Friday. They wrapped my legs again today. I am getting some support stockings next week. They ordered them for me.
Post a Comment