Saturday, November 11, 2006

AND THE DR. SAID...


I have a fractured bone spur growing into my achilles tendon. He said therapy was reccomended but that it was a 50/50 chance it would work but he wants me to try that first. If it doesn't work, then an operation to remove the spur will be the way to go. That would be a 3 mo. recovery time line. I start therapy next Tuesday.

My radiation areas look like I have been to a tanning salon on that side only. I am brown. It looks a bit wierd!

I feel like I am out of the loop on my grandchildren. I haven't seen them for 2-3 weeks now. Jeff is gone so much now that we haven't gotten any updated pictures. The ones of Decovin have been cute and even entertaining with his different faces.


David has been working long hours but he did have a holiday yesterday so we visited all the parents in one day. My mom in the morning. His dad & Loree at mid-day and his mom & Sam in the mid-afternoon. We had about a two hour visit with all of them. Not long but it has been so long since we have had time to go anywhere together, it was now or never!

This afternoon we are going to visit with our nieces at Linda & Eddie's. We actually visited with Les & Wade yesterday morning when Linda invited us up for breakfast with them. Michelle & Troy & boys are coming today. We haven't seen them since the family birthday get together in August. We got back home at 8:30--Kim & Keith came with their kids too. It was a nice afternoon. Michelle is looking good. She has just one more chemo treatment left on Monday.

I'd like to thank my sister-in-law Linda for all the meals she has made for us. They were appreciated very much. I also thank those of you who have sent cards. They always made my day whenever I received them.

I am going back to work on Monday. I didn't get to talk with my boss on Friday but assume I can come back then. I'll let you know...

2 comments:

Catsjoy said...

I had a fractured growth line in my heel in sixth grade. As Abby has started saying, "That hurt like the dickens!" Made it real interesting trying to walk without crying. Can't imagine the pain if it is growing into a tendon. Ouch. As if the burn weren't enough!!! I think we are all due for some good luck and good health!

Judy said...

How in the world will therapy help get rid of it. I never could understand that one. I guess i hope it works....surgery would suck. And i love love love those little faces D makes....he is so dang cute. the close up ones kill me.

Love you