Saturday, August 26, 2006

DOES LIGHTENING STRIKE TWICE?




We were woke up in the wee hours of the morning when a loud boom and flash of light preceded a loud clap of thunder. It seemed to be right outside our bedroom window we thought. Now I have always wondered if we built the house way too close to the big pecan tree out there and have often thought, "What if a limb falls off and comes into the roof and or my bed?" Well, it never has so we went back to sleep to the gentle sound of rain and thunder going off to the east. This morning David comes back in before heading to the church for planting shrubs and flowers, etc. and excitedly says, "Get the camera!" He took pictures of our tree with a corkscrew type lightening streak down it. It blew bark and strips of wood in the yard and pieces of strips went out in the driveway pieces were stuck to his truck as well. We will no doubt lose our big tree with the good pecans and nice shade for the kid's swingset. I just hope it can be done without doing in our house or shed or the kid's swingset. I will put a picture on here when he brings the camera back today if I can figure out how.

5 comments:

amanda said...

yikes!

Jen said...

Saddest...the tree really has to go?!
P.S. Who showed you how to set up your blog?

gjlac said...

I said in the email that Mandy helped me. She did good huh? Or what did you mean?

Jen said...

I read this before the email...sorry...

amanda said...

wow! that's some serious lightening!