12 years ago
Friday, August 25, 2006
Cancer is a Scary Word
Most of you know that I have a stage O cancer in my left breast. This is not a fast growing kind or anything. It was contained in the stem of a milk duct. It is called Ductal Carcenoma In-Situ. I had a biopsy (lumpectomy) on July 27 and the surgeon said she might have to do another. I then had to consult with a Radiation Dr. who thought the surgeon got enough the first time., Cancer Dr. who thought a breast reduction should be considered, & a Plastic Surgeon Dr. who showed pictures of it all and made me wonder if I needed that kind of surgery at all. What I have gotten out of the visits is that I don't want a mastectomy unless I HAVE to (and I don't). That leaves 2 choices...Just radiation or a breast reduction plus radiation. I go back to the Surgeon on Tuesday and ask more questions and hopefully make up my mind. Until then I am in Limbo for now. I want you to know that I am not afraid of my situation. Nervous maybe...but I know that God is watching over me and that He will take care of me. In the meantime, I will certainly appreciate your prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
welcome to the world of blogging! :-) i love ya!
Whoo hoo! You're a blogger!
So far so good. So glad you are doing well, and pray you continue to do so. Love, Dad & Mom Long
Post a Comment