12 years ago
Thursday, January 21, 2010
THE BLAHS
This week has been a hectic dash between Drs for 4 days in a row. Took mom to her eye specialist on Monday to have him check her eye that had the cataract removed (which she didn't remember the operation or the Dr.) Her eyes are fine. Or rather her eye. The other eye has no hope. Tuesday was my Dr check-up about my stomach. I had stopped my carafate b/c I was feeling better but started it again b/c I was having a burning feeling in it again. She told me to just keep taking it even if I forgot sometimes b/c it will heal but it will take time like 2-3 months. Wednesday David saw the surgeon who cut out his cancer, esophagus, & stomach. He said David looked better and he will need to be patient for a few more months. He wants to see him in 3 months but after that he doesn't have to come back unless he is having problems. We then went to his Oncologist and she was good news, bad news. His cancer was a stage 0+ and they seem to have gotten all of it. It was the aggressive kind of cancer so they will have to keep watch on it. So every 3 mo. she wants a CAT Scan and blood tests. He was enemic after his operation so she wants to keep check on it. She said she will check with the Lab Tech that did the pathology on the cancer so she can talk to us about it in April! (Ticked me off a bit that she hadn't done that before this visit!) Then Today we saw the ENT Dr who looked down David's nose and said that the lesion on his vocal cords was still there and it was still irritated but since he only deals with cancers, he was going to refer us to another ENT Dr who could help get the lesion cleared up. (FINE...ANOTHER DR.) They had a Special Tech take a movie of the lesion in his throat and had him read a paragraph to know what his voice sounds like before and after. I had to drive two of the 4 days. Today my left side started hurting (where the surgeon did exploretory and found nothing) plus I got that tired feeling and blinked and was headed for the side of the road. I hate doing that! It really scares me! The weather has been awful the last few weeks to add to my blahs. Well, now that I have unloaded to all of you, maybe tomorrow will be better! TTYL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment