12 years ago
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
MOM'S LASER SURGERY
Linda drove Mom and I up to Olathe today. We went out to 54th Street Bar & Grill to eat before taking Mom to the surgical building at 12:30. They took her into the pre-op room that had lounge chairs instead of beds. I was able to sit with her. They took her information and got the paperwork done and signed, etc. Then they said I could wait in the waiting room with Linda. That was at 1:00 and before I even got halfway through a magazine (Linda brought a book), she was walking out with the nurse who told her to make an appointment next week for a follow-up. That was at 1:20. They said she would have some blurry vision and her eye would feel scratchy & maybe see a lot of floaters but it should go away. We went to WalMart and got a few groceries and then home by 3:20. Just another Dr. day. Her big toe that the podietrist cut her nail off on both sides is still bothering her a bit. She is on her second round of anibiotics (Leviquin?) for her bronchitis. She will get another x-ray taken next month. If she isn't better by the end of this antibiotic, I don't know what to do. Next week, we both have Dr. appointments in Olathe on Tuesday AND Wednesday. Gee, aren't my blogs spellbinding reading? Over and Out!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
She says her eye is better but her toe hurts yet. She doesn't want to go for the other toe at this time. Has she told you that??
Yes, and he isn't going to do the other one. I do want her to go back to him to let him see how her toe is and a chance to fix it. I have already made arrangements with home health to come to her in the home and take care of clipping her toenails and fingernails (because they chip so badly). Never fear sis....I'm on it!
Her good eye is 20/20 with her glasses. Isn't that great. Wish mine were. I have cataracts starting and my vision isn't always clear...grrr>@*#. I hate it but until they get to a certain point, I have to live with them as is. :-(
We are going to the dermatologist today. We'll see what he tells her about her "bumps" on her face.
Post a Comment