
(Photo above was taken at the Kansas Special Olympics Polar Plunge. The Prairie View Penquins consisted of 2 Meghans on the left, Christy, & Jenny & Bob [who didn't get in the picture].)
This was my first week working my new hours. My boss (Russ)reduced some of my working hours so that I am available for my Dr. appointments and also my Mom's. I have Wednesday afternoon off as well as all day Friday. It means less money but it also gives me some sanity back. Plus Russ knows for sure when I will be at work (with the exception of getting sick). So my first Wednesday afternoon off, I slept in my chair all afternoon. (Bummer!)
On a sad note, David's Uncle Bob lost his will to live and died on Monday night. Thursday, we went to the visitation and funeral and had the opportunity to visit with several of David's family that we haven't seen for a while. Jeff came in after the funeral so we got to visit with him also. He had to take the girls to a Dr. appointment that morning or he would have been there earlier.
Thursday night Ina and Steve Walsh came for a visit. We decided to eat out. Jeff came with us. I fell in the snow trying to get up the curb to the sidewalk when we went to the chinese restaurant at Louisburg. (I am sore in my arms and legs today.) Thank goodness we were the last to go in and no one was outside to see me floudering and trying to get up in a hurry. lol. David came to help me but I had to get hold of the parked car's bumper that was behind me plus David's arm in order to get up. Fun Fun, fun!
Friday I got some cleaning done but still felt tired and like I was getting a cold. Saturday was the Polar Bear Plunge that Christy, Bob, & Jenny were taking part in up at Shawnee Mission Park in the City. I took pictures as best I could. It was total chaos there. You couldn't hear the guys who only had bull horns to talk to the crowd. I had to take pictures by holding the camera up over the heads of the people around me. It was very cold that day. I remember they had a sign that said the water was 33 (or maybe 38) degrees and the temperature outside with wind chill was 7 degrees.
Today I feel like I have been running fever. My head is pounding and my voice is in the basement. Like I said it has been a good and bad week. I am trying to stay awake for the commercials in the Super Bowl. The game hasn't been too bad. The rain has made it interesting to say the least. The football seems to be like a greased pig sometimes.
Hope you all had a good week and a better one next week.
3 comments:
Brrrr
Do you like the extra time off??
It sounds lovely to be employed by a boss that is that understanding. Kinda like Mello's boss back when she needed it.
Whatever do you do with all that extra time?
Listen - just enjoy it emensly. Time passes so quickly. I can't believe that this time with Stacy will soon end and she won't be here across the street anymore. I will just hate it cause we do everything together. Bob is not a shopper and I don't get out with him much. SAD SAD boo hoo.
So far, I slept the afternoon away last Wednesday and was sick Friday thru Monday, and this Wednesday, I played with Decovin, which was fun, and today was spent taking Mom to a Urologist and an MRI of her neck. (We won't find out the results of the MRI until next Wednesday. The Urologist said her bladder looked ok and the ultra sound showed she emptied her bladder when she went to the bathroom. He gave her Detrol LA to take and see if that helps her. She is to take one each night.) Maybe I can relax next week :-)
Post a Comment