Friday, October 06, 2006

RADIATION BURN



The bad news is I have a radiation burn plus a yeast infection which has begun under my left arm and breast. It is tender as well as uncomfortable. The good news is that the radiation is doing what it is supposed to be doing to the cancer area. He said that it was doing the job perfectly. Whatever! He also said they will just keep a closer check on me now. I wasn't supposed to burn so quick. I don't seem to do things like I'm supposed to. Today will be my 13th treatment. Jen is not feeling good & didn't sleep good last night. I had hives again so I stayed home from work. Decovin is teething and has been cranky which is a big change from his usual happy disposition. Jen got to feeling better by the time we had to leave & so did Decovin. He entertains all the other people waiting in the waiting room while I am in getting treated. They just love him. So do I.
P.S. I got in and out of the treatment room really quick today. It took less than 20 minutes. I still have the hives though.

6 comments:

Mel said...

Sorry to hear about the burn. Hope the doctor gave you some stuff to put on it. I have yeast infections no matter where they are.

Love you

Jen said...

Mmmmm...yeasty.

Mel said...

I meant I hate yeast infections. gives a whole new meaning!!

Judy said...

Hang in there....you got us praying for ya. Hopefully the burns will not last long and the beasty yeasty will go away. Love ya

Clog Nana said...

I am having a hard time with you getting burned and then a yeast infection on top of it all. No Fair. Love ya lots.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Enjoyed yesterday. Hope you are feeling better, and your burns are healing!!Was really nice seeing Jeff & Marianne and their girls. They are so cute, also watching Decovin & Isaiah was hilarious. Hope to see you soon. Love ya, Mom