Monday, October 23, 2006

OH HAPPY DAY!

I went to the radiation doctor today and I was ready to tell him I had decided to do the mastectomy if they wanted to do anymore radiation on me. Well, he started out by saying he was very sorry that I was in so much pain. He looked at my burns and said that my skin didn't react to radiation like other people. He said that I should stop the "neosporin plus pain" ointment and use only the vaseline gauze this week and gave me a prescription for Hydrocodone. He still wants me to come in next Monday so he can check me again to make sure I heal up. He also said he thought I should not have any more radiation b/c of how my skin reacted. When we first started all this he had told us that because my surgeon got the cancer out, I could probably do ok without radiation but they would have to watch me really close to make sure the cancer didn't come back so he suggested stopping the radiation and doing just that. He said the other choice was mastectomy. Well, I was so relieved. Guess which one I chose? Yeah, I'll play the "wait and see" game for now. Just pray for me please. Thank you God....OH HAPPY DAY!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I like that wait and see...see what the Lord can heal!!! Oh, I'm so releived they don't plan on burning the heck out of you anylonger.
Is the pain still has bad today? I'm just so sorry that you had to go through this.
I was so nice to chat last night. I wish we could have a sleep over and watch old movies together. Please know how special you are to me and you hold a dear place in my heart. Sorry it took me so long to find your blog too. With my chemo brain I hope I can find it again. Well Have a great night sleep...with the drugs of course. With all my love!!!

Jen said...

I am also glad that you are choosing the wait and see game...only b/c if you get a mastectomy, it will be 6 weeks of more pain and then if you decide to get breast reconstruction, that is another 6 weeks of pain...waiting seems much nicer and less invasive...

gjlac said...

Jen,

I am going to miss you and D. D is on the verge of taking off walking. He has grown so much since you've been here. I want you to know how much I appreciate your staying to help me out. I thank Bob also for letting you be gone this long. I know you are anxious to be in your own home again. I love you lots. Love, Mom.

Judy said...

WOOHOO....GOD is so good. I am so glad you don't have to have anymore radiation and can get out from under that pain. LOVE YOU!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Gloria, Thank God that you don't have to go through all that pain. We will continue to pray for your complete healing. I am a living example that the big "C" can be overcome. Do you realize that it has been almost 25 years since I had my cancer? So hang in there, think positively and you will one day be able to say,"Can you believe it's been all these years?"
Love you, Loree