Had the Flu for the last couple of days of last year and the first couple of days of the new year. Now that it is gone, I'm feeling good!
Well, David & I took mom to her podietrist in the city again yesterday. I watched while the Dr. shot her right big toe with novacaine. Mom about sqeezed my hand until it hurt! Then we waited for it to get numb. I even watched while the Dr. cut her toenail and lifted it off. Yeow! At least I didn't get sick.
Tried to call Mom this morning and again this afternoon and she didn't answer or call back. I called Vintage Park after awhile and this morning she was getting her foot soaked and bandaged and this afternoon she was busy playing bingo! They said she seems to be doing fine. The only bad thing about having the toenail off, it now means we have to take her back up to the Dr. once a week for 4-6 weeks so the Dr. can make sure it doesn't get infected. She has a surgery shoe to wear for now. I need to find her a pair of loose toeless sandals.
We are going to David's class reunion breakfast at Mimi's tomorrow morning. Christy is going with us. She has some places to go (example: looking at mattresses) and we are going to go up to Jeff & Marianne's for a visit also. Looking forward to getting out!
Been messing up on my diabetis testing. Ran out of test strips and when I called, they said I couldn't get anymore until after the 8th. So I've been without any since a week ago. I go in Tuesday for a blood test to check my numbers. I went from a 6.9 to 6.5 the last time so hope I don't need to do this anymore. It was easy to forget a day here and there because I didn't take it at the same time each day.
David is working 10 hr days now. Wish he was retired!
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment