It was a great vacation as good as it could be. The sights were beautiful and the company with us was great. David's Uncle Don and Aunt Norma went with us. The first day was spent crossing Kansas. We stopped at Lucas, Kansas for our first sight-seeing stop. (If you have ever watched PBS's "Roadside Revelations", it was one of their odd places to stop and see.) We continued up to Cheyenne, WY to see David's Uncle John & Aunt Judy and David, Don & Norma spent the afternoon sight-seeing with John. Judy and I stayed home and I helped her on her computer. We stayed at a Motel6 that was not a pleasant experience for me. The next morning I did a splits getting out of the shower and it had a very low step out. Found out the floor hadn't had the slick finish taken off it after it was disinfected. Something popped in my hip or leg and I landed hard with my other knee too. As I waited for the excruciating pain of a break, it never came, so David and I proceeded to figure out how I could get up without causing me more pain and him a hernia! We did it and the rest of the week was ok because we stopped about every hour along the way to get out and stretch. I did a lot of staying with the car while they walked some of the trails to sights. Luckily, I got a lot of my sight-seeing by car. The Aspen trees were just turning and we saw alot of different shades of color in them. Really beautiful sight along with the mountains. We met David's Uncle Russ & Aunt Jeanne that morning and then went around Trail Ridge Rd. and down to Winter Park. The next day we went to Ouray and stayed in a super nice B&B. Went through "Box Canyon" and on to Silverton on the "Million Dollar Rd". Another beautiful drive. We then went through the "Black Canyon of Gunnison" and stayed in Gunnison that night. Next day we went to the "Great Sand Dunes" and stayed at Walsenburg, CO. One last sight was stopping to see KCPL's Wind Turbine field at Spearville, KS before getting home that night at 10:45. Nice to be home. I will have our pretty pictures on Kodak Gallery as soon as I can merge 3 camera's worth together...Norma's, David's & mine.
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment