
I have been having trouble with a tooth that abcessed on my upper right about a month & a half ago. First, it is a crown that had a root canal done a few years ago by a different dentist. Evidently the guy who did it, didn't see the fourth root that needed cleaned out too. Anyway, I had to go to an orthodontist who cleaned it out by drilling in the middle of the crown and then filling it back in like a cavity. Well, the swelling went down with the medication and root clean out...for awhile! Then it started swelling & abcessing again about three weeks ago so the orthodontist gave me penicillin for two weeks and Monday I went in to have him look at it. He said he would need to go in under the crown, through my gum, in order to clean it out or cut off the nerve in the event the nerve was cracked. It wasn't cracked, it had a big cyst that had wrapped around two of the roots. He said it was surprising that it hadn't gone into my sinuses. He cleaned the abcess out and sewed me up. (No cracked root.) Now I go back in a week and have the stitches taken out. It wasn't too bad yesterday but today is was hurting and my cheek was swelling pretty good. I have Hydrocodone to take for the pain every 4-6 hours. It started hurting worse as night time came on. Linda drove me up to the doctor yesterday and tonight she fixed supper for Janette & Danny and David & I. I can only eat soft stuff so she made biscuits & gravy, skinless baked potatoes and fried apples. She sent me a plate of food with David, because I was hurting too much to go down there. She is such a thoughtful sister-in-law. Hope everyone is well and happy.
2 comments:
I love Linda. She IS very thoughtful...:-) Hope you are feeling better this morning! LOVE YOU!
When are you updating?
Post a Comment