It is so soggy around here that it is enough already!!! The satellite keeps going off and on so no TV. David got called in to work and says he doesn't know when he will get home. I have a PPR (Pastor Parish Relations) meeting at 5:00 at the LaCygne Church so that will be something to do. Mom called me 5 time this afternoon. I guess Juanita was with her daughter at church and afterwards for a dinner there. I went to church by myself. We were supposed to have our outdoor service and a picnic today but it was called off on account of rain. Actually, they did go to the Homrighausen's big barn to have their picnic after church. I didn't have anything with me for the picnic so I just came home.
I wonder what they will do if it rains out the family reunion? Yes Ruth, we are going. Mom isn't sure she wants to go though. The fact that the bathroom will be so far away is giving her some anxiety. I wonder what time they are having it...noon or two o'clock. I have heard both times. What do you hear Mel, Judy, Ruth?
We are going to the dinner theater Tuesday night. David's mom said it was hilarious. It has Jamie Farr in it and it is a mystery. Should be fun. Christy went to Jen's this weekend and is taking a couple of personal days off. She will meet us at the theater Tuesday night. Then the next week, on Thursday night, we are going to the Zona Rosa Comedy Club up by Jeff to see a commedian we have seen on TV before and really liked.
Mandy's graduation will be on the 26th which we are going to go to Des Moines to see her get her diploma. Wow...she is Dr. Camden now. Or are you going to be Dr. Mandy or Dr. Amanda? What are we to call you kiddo?
Well, gotta go to the meeting. Bye now.
12 years ago
2 comments:
it's hard to say what you will call me... it's still weird to me and not "real" just yet... gimme a few more weeks. months. years. who knows... :-)
and here, here to the rain-rain-go-away story... man... that was some RAIN we got today!!
OK Doc,
Yes, the rain caused the road to flood on the east side on 152 where it usually goes over. They shut it down. I am wondering if it has gone down enough for people to travel through it now. If it keeps raining every day, it will be closed a lot. The back road is so rutted that it is a slow trek there too. In fact, our little road is rutted so bad, you just have to go very slow because you can't miss the potholes and washboards on it.
Do we have an address for the motel we will be staying at so we can google or mapquest it? This will be like a little mini-vacation for us. We are excited for you also.
Sorry I missed your birthday. Hope it was a Happy Day. Love you.
Post a Comment